Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Big Day

Kennedy started Pre-K on Tuesday. She was very excited about it but much more excited to ride the bus, or as she calls it "the big cheese". After I put her on the bus I headed up to the school for donuts for the parents. We got to watch them get off the bus and sit in the cafeteria while all the classes got together. She didn't cry and I was so proud. I thought I would have cried but I didn't. That was until I looked over at the next class and saw my friends little girl sobbing while holding onto her mommy. Koree looked up at me with teary eyes and mouthed "i gotta get out of here". I looked back at my baby sitting at the table with her classmates, gave her a kiss and got the hell out of there before I lost it.

I must admit, it has been nice for her to be in school. She only goes for half the day and while she is gone Mason naps and Hayden and I get alot of one-on-one time. We read books and lay on the couch together and watch cartoons. I am really enjoying this!


Waiting for the bus:
Proud Papa:
So Excited!
Getting a little impatient:

Their back packs look HUGE!


3 comments:

Lora said...

oh man. i woulda lost it.

Tavia said...

That's my big girl. So independent! Just wait, in a few years she'll be bringing home homework that we won't understand.

Heather-Anne said...

Those pictures are so beautiful! Your daughter is so gorgeous!