Thursday, February 5, 2009

Two Five

I have also been tagged a zillion times with this meme. I am supposed to tell 25 random facts about myself. This might take a while, I'm pretty boring!

1. I am terribly claustrophobic. I hate driving through tunnels. My heart even starts to beat faster when I see people on TV in tight spaces.

2. If I could take everyone I loved with me, I would move to Oregon. I love it there.

3. My all-time favorites movies are Almost Famous and The Goonies.

4. My celebrity crushes are Chelsea Handler (hot & funny-can't beat it) and Andre Benjamin- you know, the weird guy from Outkast. My husband thinks I'm crazy. He is not even that good looking but there is just something about him.

5. I think my husband is the sexiest man on the planet. (even though he needs a little smacking around sometimes)

6. My dad passed away when I was 14. I miss him more today than I ever have. I didn't have a traditional wedding because he wouldn't be there to walk me down the aisle. I hate the my kids will never know him.

7. When I was younger, my dream was to be a photographer for National Geographic. My dad use to keep every issue of the magazine. I could sit there and flip through them for hours.

8. I hope my three girls stay best friends their whole life. Watching them interact (when they aren't bickering) is such a joy. It makes my heart do flip flops!

9. My two best friends mean the world to me. I am so inspired by both of them. Tavia is a fantastic mom, wife and friend. If there is anyone on Earth who is just all all around fantastic person, it is her. Tesa is one of the strongest people I know. She does it all. She has a successful job, runs her house and still makes time for lots of girl-fun with me. And, she is getting ready to go to dental school. I don't know how she does it!

10. Another place that makes my heart skip a beat is the Florida Keys. I use to go twice a year and every time I get on that two lane road in Key Largo, all my stress melts away. And I cry every time I have to leave!

11. Since becoming a parent I have become a total sap.

12. I bite my nails and I kind of enjoy it!

13. I have about 11,000 pics on my computer right now. And that is after it crashed once and I lost everything

14. I miss developing my pictures in a real darkroom. Don't get me wrong-digital photography is amazing. I learn something new everyday. But, I miss the smell of the chemicals, the glow of the red light and watching that image first appear. I turned my bathroom in my apartment in philly into a make shift darkroom. I would stay in there 8 hours sometimes developing pictures and listening to music. I still have all my equipment and would love to set it up again when my kids are all off to school.

15. this is starting to get hard- I was a gymnast for 14 years. And I was really good. I never placed below 2nd. I am still really flexible.

16. I have a small shoe addiction. I have definitely passed that trait along to my daughters. They might have more pairs of shoes than I do.

17. I am also addicted to blogging. I think I have 41 on my bloglines that I read regularly.

18. I am in love with technology. If it were possible to make out with it, I would have an orgy with my camera, laptop and ipod!

19. I hate running with a passion but would still like to run a marathon one day.

20. I have always wanted to sky dive. The thought of it scares the snot out of me but I swear I will do it one day!

21. I miss living in Philly and going to the book store late at night when I had nothing to do and looking at all the photography books.

22. I also miss sitting in Rittenhouse Square with my Pub girls between shifts on fridays.

23. One thing that always makes me cry-when I see a child crying out of happiness.

24. I did it at the Southernmost Point in The US and got caught by the cops. Luckily, we didn't get in trouble!

25. I love watching my kids grow but it terrifies me at the same time.

3 comments:

Lora said...

I'm a total sap since becoming a mother too.

Used to be nothing phased me. Now I find it hard to get thru the day without getting choked up over something.

Tavia said...

thanks for #9! maybe I'll try to do this when I have a chance.

Heather-Anne said...

I did this on facebook a week ago and I totally have #19 on your too...in almost the exact same wording. And #20 too. I miss those sunny afternoons watching the people go by and rittenhouse as well, talking about everything and nothing.