Monday, February 16, 2009

Where do kids come up with this stuff? (some people may find this offensive)

School is out today and Kennedy has her friend Lauren over. We love having her over because she is a really sweet kid and they play great together. I just finished giving the girls a bath and this is how the conversation went:

Lauren: Miss Nicole, can I borrow some of Kennedy's clothes?

Me: Sure. Go upstairs and pick something out.

Kennedy: Can you get me something Lauren?

Lauren: I'm not your maid!

Kennedy: Well you look like a maid!

Lauren: Just because I look Mexican doesn't mean I am a maid! (she is half white and half Korean)

2 comments:

Lora said...

I'm totally passing this on to my friend Diane. Who is half white and half Japanese but totally looks Mexican.

Diane said...

I'm the half Jap/Mexican imposter and my daughter is pretty waspy looking. She says I'm the same color as Barack Obama and my friends refer to me as her Mexican nanny.